Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Test of internet speed, Quantum of the Seas

After my first cruise I was not at all impressend with internet connectivity and speed. 
I have done some testing at this cruise (www.speedtest.net) - and now the internet accessibility is excellent- I have streamed TV, surfed the internet and been connected with family at home by FaceTime -  absolutely no problems, also in my cabin, where the signal was a bit weaker than in public areas. 
In general much faster than my internet at home!!
 

Testing results:
January 11 in Royal Esplanade
ping 219 ms, download 23.29 Mbps upload 26.37 Mbps
 
January 12 in my cabin (sea day)
ping 228 ms, download 13.40 Mbps upload 3.07 Mbps
 
January 14 at my balkony - docked in Laberdee
ping 203 ms, download 18.34 Mbps upload 12.27 Mbps 


Picture is from visit at Laberdee, Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment